2.12.2008

No politics for today's post. No bitching. No ranting. No raving. No complaining.

So, what to talk about....

I made banana bread yesterday. It was good. I used the Kitchen-Aid stand mixer that I got for my wedding / Christmas. That was also good. I felt like Barefoot Contessa.

(Only, my Kitchen-Aid mixer is orange while Barefoot's is white. Borrring.)

I also made lentil loaf. It was good. I'm trying to get a good base of recipes in my repertoire that I can make on a whim. So far I have:

1. Lentil loaf
2. Spaghetti with "Neatballs" and Red Sauce
3. "Not-Turkey-Roast" with Rosemary Polenta
4. Asparagus, Pepper, Cashew & Pineapple Stir-Fry

Yea! I almost have a work-week's worth of recipes under my belt! Also good.

If I can build it up to 10 recipes/2 work-weeks then I'll be better-than-good. I'll be a regular Donna Reed.

(Incidentally, when I was younger I wanted to name my kids Jeff and Mary. So that I could yell up the stairs, "Jeff, Mary, clean your rooms!" a la Mrs Reed.)

Let's see, what else.

Valentine's Day came early this year when Adam brought me home a bunch of daisies and chocolate on Thursday. Then, we went to our neighborhood's "First Thursday" which is when all the shops/art galleries stay open late. And give away free food. And free wine.

I was all over it.

For the actual V-Day we have reservations at Ciao Baci, a neighborhood restaurant that (allegedly) has good vegetarian fare. Even better, it is literally around the block from our apartment. So we can walk and drink copious amounts of....whatever. Yea!

So, that is my life sans politics, bitching, rantings, ravings, and complaining.

All in all, it's pretty good.

No comments: