1.28.2008

Throwing Sticky things at Bush

I can remember watching the Winter Olympics in my junior year of college.

My house-mates and I were rooting for Michelle Kwan. We wanted her to win the gold because she's cute, she seems nice and, let's face it, she got screwed in the whole Kerrigan-Harding broo-ha-ha.

You know that moment, when the skater is gliding backwards, looking over their shoulder, and obviously preparing for an imminent jump? Well, whenever one of those moments began for any of Kwan's competitors we launched these gummy-things at the television.

I guess we were hoping the smack of the gummy-thing against the tv screen would somehow throw the skater off and cause them to fall.

And I don't even think we were drunk when we were doing this.

Unfortunately, it didn't work. Kwan lost. Hughes won. We were disappointed.

I was tempted to try this strategy again tonight during the "State of the Union." Especially whenever Bush dared to downplay the death in Iraq. Or suggested nuclear power (yet again) as the cure-all to our energy problems.

Or whenever he got that smug look on his face.

But, luckily, I didn't have to resort to the throwing-the-gummy-thing-at-the-tv strategy. Because this was Bush's last State of the Union address. (Yea!!!)

And it doesn't really matter what he thinks anymore.

No comments: